Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sunshine, Teething Baby, and a Caffeinated To Do List


Today is a good day! Baby is still working on his first tooth and kept us up half the night, and I have yet to actually get anything done (besides the first two on the list), but for some reason I have a lot of joy and anticipation for today. Maybe it's because the sun is shinning, or maybe it's because I LOVE what's on my "To Do List" today! it's nothing exciting, but this is the first day I haven't gone into town in awhile. I truly enjoy a quiet day at home sometimes.

Karlie's To Do List

*Prayer 

*Drink lots of coffee :)

*Fold Laundry :(

* Organize Baby's closet (We are getting ready to paint his room chocolate brown with powder blue accents and I've storing things in his closet. Time to de junk!)

*Drink more coffee

*Devote an hour to my Omnitrition business (I just got a new client yesterday. I'm so excited to work with her and help her meet her weight loss and fitness goals...YAY!!!!)

*Daily Workout (Today is cardio. I have been working really hard with my weights, so a day of only cardio is a welcome break for my sore muscles.)

*Soak in some sunshine!!! I think I'll put baby in the carrier, sweep off the walk way, and start planning where I'm going to plant my garden this year. 

*Try a new recipe for dinner "Paleo Bacon and Butternut Squash Cakes" (Recipe Below)

Does anyone else make lists? If it's written down, I usually do it! So with a fresh cup of coffee brewing (and it's rapidly approaching noon) I'm off to start working on my list! :)



Paleo Bacon and Butternut Squash Cakes

1 Butternut Squash peeled and chopped (I'm using frozen because who has time for chopping and peeling squash)
6 slices cooked bacon crumbled (I'm doubling this)
1 tbs chives
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 tsp dried sage
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs onion powder
coconut oil
~
Steam squash until tender then mash (or thaw the package if you go the easy route)
add sage, red onion, onion powder, bacon, salt, pepper, and chives.
Shape into cakes
Preheat coconut oil in skillet on medium
Cook cakes on both sides until brown and crispy
~
I'm going to serve this with sour cream (not paleo) and a green salad with raspberry vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment